Donating stock is easy and effective
Donating stock is a simple and impactful way to support Code the Dream’s mission. There are also financial benefits:
- You can easily donate appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds.
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible.
- There is no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the appreciation.
Note: Individual situations vary so donors should consult their advisors.
The two steps for any stock or mutual fund donation are described below. If you have any questions, please contact Director of Development Pam Bash at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the institution where your stocks are held and let them know you’d like to transfer the shares to the Code the Dream account at Vanguard. You may need the following codes:
DTC #: 0062
Account #: 87615826
If you’re asked for it, Code the Dream’s Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 26-3275886.
Interested in making a gift of stocks, mutual funds, or bonds in the form of a physical certificate? These types of donations may be handled a little differently. Contact Pam Bash at email@example.com for guidance.
Stock donations transferred to our account aren’t accompanied by donor information. We want to be sure we can acknowledge your charitable donation of stock and send you a tax receipt, so please be in touch. There are two easy options to report your stock gift details. You can either:
- Submit this gift information online using our Online Stock Gift Notification form below OR
- Contact Pam Bash directly:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As soon as your stock donation gift is identified, we’ll send you an acknowledgment letter in the mail.