Most of our apprentices come from CTD School classes, but occasionally we admit qualified candidates directly into the apprenticeship program. This happens on a case by case basis.
You might be a good fit for a CTD Labs Apprenticeship if you…
- Already have good Rails or React.js skills and are ready to contribute to a project,
- Need more real life experience before seeking a job as a software developer,
- Want to give back to the community,
- Want to help diversify tech, and
- Are ready to join a supportive community of coders of diverse backgrounds to help you continue learning.
The CTD Labs Apprenticeship is a full-time, 40 hours-per-week, professional program for junior software engineers to get real-world software development experience by working on real projects in an agile development environment. The majority of CTD Labs’ projects involve developing apps and web technologies that advance the social good. The Apprenticeship requires a minimum of nine month commitment. Apprentices who wish to continue longer than 12 months may apply for a second year. The Apprenticeship comes with a small stipend of $2000 per month ($2500 for those in high-cost areas). Please read the full requirements at the link below.
To ensure that you are prepared to enter CTD Labs and begin contributing to real client projects, we ask you to complete a take-home coding assignment that you will turn in by sharing the link in the below form. The link to that assignment is below. Once you start the assignment, we expect you to turn it in approximately one week later (honor system).
Once you have reviewed the requirements and have prepared your coding project, please fill out the application below.