Code the Dream‘s innovative model is a win-win: Students from diverse backgrounds build real apps to launch their tech careers, and our communities benefit from the tools they develop.
Code the Dream provides free training in software development followed by the opportunity to apply for a paid internship, during which students create mobile and web technologies for a wide range of nonprofits, businesses, and government agencies. Learn more and apply online.
Code the Dream creates a path to a life-changing career in tech for young people from diverse and low-resourced communities. 80% of our interns land tech jobs in places like IBM, Duke, Cisco, & Lenovo or gain significant college scholarships.
Need an App?
You dream it; we build it in CTD Labs.
Need an app? CTD Labs is Code the Dream’s in-house software development shop. Our students work with professional developers to create affordable, cutting-edge web and mobile technologies for our clients and partners
Recent projects include
- A customizable, real-time legislative tracker for a growing startup
- An online tool for health care providers treating domestic violence survivors
- An app to notify rural farmworkers of natural disasters
- A rideshare app for homeless families
Support our Work
Your generosity makes Code the Dream possible.
- Volunteer: Mentor student developers; Lead short-term projects; Present technical workshops. Sign up here to volunteer.
- Partner: Hire CTD Labs to build an app or design your site; Work with us to reach more students; Help our students get jobs in tech
- Donate Financial support, Laptops, or Office equipment. We depend on donations from people like you to make our impact bigger!
Watch a 1-minute video to hear our stories; visit us online for details on how to apply for classes, partner on an app, or support our work; or visit us in person at The Frontier in North Carolina’s Research Triangle Park. We are a very cool group.